Saving money is never an easy task; however saving money is key to a healthy financial future. Let Guardian help you begin a healthy financial journey; it is never too late to start. All of our deposit accounts are insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the US Government, up to an aggregate of $250,000.00. IRA accounts are insured up to an additional $250,000.00.
Traditional Savings Account
Guardian’s Traditional Savings Account provides membership in the credit union. After a Savings account is established, a member can hold any other account Guardian offers; all it takes is a valid state issued ID and a second form of ID. Deposits, withdrawals, and transfers can be made at any time - in person, by phone, or online. Quarterly dividends (based on earnings of the credit union) are paid on the average daily balance above $100. Start saving now!
- Interest Rates are subject to change. See rate sheet for current dividends.
Bonus Share Account
Guardian’s Bonus Share account is treated like a Traditional Savings account; only a higher interest rate is earned on a quarterly basis – BONUS!
- After a traditional savings account is established, with a minimum balance of $2,999, a Bonus Share account can be opened with an average daily balance of $3,000.
- The Bonus share account earns a higher interest rate than a Traditional Savings Account on a quarterly basis. See rate sheet for current dividends.
Personalized Share Account
Want to see your money build for that big expenditure aside from your Traditional Savings account? Set up your own Personalized Share account at Guardian. The Personalized Share is treated like a Traditional Savings account; the difference is in the name. You decide on the name for the account. Saving for College? Name the account “John’s College Fund.” Looking to buy your dream car? Name it “The Ultimate Car Fund”. Most of all, Guardian’s Personalized share account is yours to do what you want with the money you save in it. A Personalized Share receives the same amount of interest as a Traditional Savings account on a quarterly basis. See rate sheet for current dividends.
All Guardian Credit Union savings accounts include the following benefits:
- $1 minimum balance
- No monthly service fees
- 24/7 account access with FREE online, mobile, & telephone banking
- Free Bill Pay
- Free E-statements
- Free Direct Deposit & Payroll deductions
Club Accounts: Christmas & Vacation
The Christmas season is a very exciting time of year; however, it can also be very busy and stressful. To make the most of your holiday season, plan ahead with a Guardian Credit Union Christmas Club savings account.
You may open a Christmas Club account at any time of the year; however, it is recommended that you begin your account as early as possible to save the most and earn dividends. Withdrawal period is October 15th through January 15th without penalty. To encourage saving, there will be a penalty charge for early withdrawals. *
During the withdrawal period you may request a check to be dispersed, make withdrawals in person, or use our convenience banking services to transfer the funds directly to your savings, or checking account. Note: Funds are not automatically dispersed for you.
Advantages to having a Christmas Club account:
- Planning ahead can minimize the stress of the busy holiday season.
- Having money already saved up makes it more fun to buy gifts for everyone on your list.
- A Christmas Club account is a FREE service offered by Guardian Credit Union.
- Dividends are deposited into your account on a quarterly basis. See current rate sheet.
- No minimum balance or monthly service fees.
- Funds can automatically be deposited into your account; you do not have to remember to do anything!
*See current fee schedule for withdrawal fee.
Need a little extra help saving for a special vacation? A Guardian Vacation Savings account may be the perfect tool to help you make the most out of your vacation planning.
- Save money with direct deposit into your Vacation Savings account—you won’t even have to think about saving extra, it will just happen!
- Your money is available whenever you are ready to put it to use!
- Dividends are earned on a quarterly basis and are deposited directly into your account.
- No Minimum balance or monthly service fees.
- 24/7 account access with free online, mobile, & telephone banking
Funds Availability Disclosure Policy
To see the Funds Availability Disclosure Policy, click here!