It is never too early to educate children about finances. Guardian offers Youth Savings options for children age 18 and under that provide the tools and convenience that make saving simple. To start saving, your youth can open a Share Account - which is like a traditional savings account - with a minimum deposit of $1. Parents are added as a joint accountholder on all Youth Savings accounts. There are no monthly fees and plenty of tools that help parents manage the account with ease.
Share Account Features
- $1 Minimum Deposit
- Quarterly dividends paid on average daily balances above $100
- No Monthly Service Fees
- 24/7 Account Access via Digital Banking
- Customize Parental Permission Settings and Spend/Transfer Limits
- Convenient and Secure Funds Transfers Between Accounts
- Enable Customized Account Alerts and Notifications
- Free Guardian Coin Machine Use for Cash Back/Deposits
Opening an account for your child is a big step, and we are here to walk alongside you as you help your child navigate their financial journey. Our accounts come packed with tools and features built to set your child up for success. Stop by your local branch or give us a call at 334-244-9999 to get started.