The Guardian Scholarship Program will award $25,000 in academic scholarships to help students in their education journey.
How do I apply?
Complete the Guardian Scholarship packet and email to Guardian Credit Union on or before April 30, 2020, any scholarship packets submitted after the due date will not be considered. Scholarship packets should be emailed in PDF format to: Scholarships@myguardiancu.com
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
- Be a member of Guardian Credit Union with at least a savings and checking account prior to submitting an application.
- Be a senior in High School or Undergraduate in college.
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum of twelve  credit hours) in a college or university for the fall 2021 semester. Students studying for their Masters or Doctorates are ineligible.
- Submit a transcript of high school grades (if high school senior) or most recent college transcript (if a college freshman, sophomore or junior).
- Can not be a former recipient of a Guardian Credit Union Scholarship.
Scholarship Packet Includes:
- Completed Application Essay answering the question: Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
- One letter of recommendation from someone other than a family member.
- Report Card or College Transcript including a cumulative GPA.
- Letter of acceptance to college of choice.
- Office name and address in which Scholarship funds should be dispersed.
When Will I know if I am a Scholarship Recipient?
Winners will be directly notified and announced on the Guardian website May 14, 2021.
How are the Scholarship Funds Provided?
The scholarship recipients will receive proceeds for the Fall 2021 semester.
A check will be issued directly to the appropriate department/office at the educational institution identified by the recipient. The funds may be used for any educational-related expenses provided these expenses can be paid directly through the financial aid office.
If you have any questions please reach out to Scholarships@myguardiancu.com or call 334-244-9999.